Thursday, October 15, 2009

When I started to like rains


Really I don’t know when I started to like rains. Rains are very common in my state where I am coming from. Usually here there are two rainy seasons, one from June to September and other from October to November. In my childhood days I was not very much allowed in rains since I was very allergic to these small things. But I noticed that rain only gave you comfortability either you were completely drenched or completely dry. It was usually with the arrival of rainy days; here schools were reopened after summer vacation. Mostly our text books and note books were completely drenched by the rain in our transit from home to school or school to home. Even if my mother tried her best way by strongly holding my hand to get me out of water poodle on the sides of the road, same time I would try my very best to wet my feet in each and every poodle along the road.

But I enjoyed rain with full energy only in my college days. In between our football matches or cricket matches in college, rain used to visit us. But our energy wouldn’t allow rain to destroy the game. Rain challenged us while on our short escapade on bikes to local tourist destinations. Even if rain drops were hitting on us like stone pieces, we wouldn’t reduce the speed of the bike which was not acceptable to my age. But I never got bored of rain or never disliked rain. I even stand at my window side for long hours just watching rain. Rains always pass me a very serene or a romantic feeling.

My best memory regarding rain was also connected with my college days. We were in our final semester that time. We mean me and my close friend. We were sitting in my friend’s room and was deeply discussing about our college magazine which we were trying to make it a real thing. He arranged his table and chair beside the window where we can see the road outside. Sun was about to close down his day’s work. Suddenly from nowhere rain started to pour. We felt the freshness from inside the room itself. Smell of freshly hydrated soil started to fill up his room. Then only I noticed the person who was walking through the road which was going in front our room. She was my class mate and considered as a little star. She could sing beautifully, she could dance beautifully to all kind of classical forms. I developed a liking towards her when I started to knew her more closely after our ice-breaking session. Once I wrote a drama only for her as my leading lady in one of our college cultural fest.

She was walking in that sudden rain. Her umbrella found to be insufficient in that sudden rain with wind blowing in opposite direction. Her duppatta was not flying any more since it was drenched in the rain. She was already wet upto her knees. She was like a bird taken cover under the leaves of some tree while on raining. I really wanted to run towards her with a big umbrella and hold her very near to me. Suddenly I realized that I was out of the world for the last few minutes. I looked back to my friend. To my surprise he was also looking towards the same road outside. I followed his eyeline. He was also following the same girl with more curiosity and with full of emotions.

I couldn’t make out what kind of emotions I was going through at that moment. Whether I was jealous towards him or I was angry? But I couldn’t digest at that moment. But I didn’t want an open fight or duel with him, because he came to my life very long back I even knew her. He was the person who was always with me from my school days itself. When he turned back to me, I offered him a smile. He given back it with little bit shy. He already knew that I was watching him. Very shortly I said goodbye to him for that day. While I was going back to my block in the hostel, I didn’t care about how strongly rain was over me.

After three years I now surprisingly accepted that his frame is much better than my frame beside her. It is raining outside. Now a day I don’t have any special feeling towards rains. Some times I really pray not to rain while I am attending the flights, since it makes some Quality control difficulties.


No comments: