Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bold Plan

He suddenly stopped mailing me. Sometimes his mail got bounced back. What happened to him? Last two three months was whirling around me.I couldn't forget his blue eyed figure with red winter jacket and dark blue turban in some hill station background.For the last one week I tried in every five minutes gap to check my google talk screen whether the indicator against his name was green.Never he came online.
He was Manpreet or Manpreet Singh. We started to know each other after that day while we were quizzing about a common communication quiz thorough online. He was the one who continued our relation. Then he started to chat. Chat changes to mails. I also felt some warmth in his attitude and his approach.He was far away in Patiala and I was in Trivandrum a south most part of India.After my initial hesitation, I also started to chat with him for long hours.
On one of that chat, I conveyed him what I was doing then and my program to write a paper in IEEE. He also got excited. He asked me more and more about the project and related paper. I was really happy to explain him all. That was my first appreciation I was getting about something in my life. I started to like him. I didn't know what make him so enthusiastic about my project. Whether he was a real tech maniac or he was trying to impress me? Didn't know the answer. But I didn't think in the other way. It became a routine that he started appearing in my google talk by 11am in the morning with a sweet 'Hai'. We exchanged different ideas. He was always encouraging.
I really work hard on that days to show him that I came across with new improvements in every day. Never he failed to contact me on that days. Asking so many questions and clarifications. I seemed to be in some cloud number nine. I was so excited when I got my final image processed output for my project in a wednesday evening. I was so impatient to tell him about that in the next day. Complete night I couldn't sleep. I tried various positions, but sleep god was not with me on that day.
It only took one more week to complete my paper regarding the project.Morning to evening I was continously typing. Boring work, but I was excited to give him a completed soft copy. I really wanted that paper should be in best form. I dreamed about his reaction. I really wanted him to pour me all his praises. Certainly he was the factor which had driven me to complete my paper in that pace.At last I mailed him the soft copy of my paper.
I waited for his reply. Days were going in snail's pace. Again I waited, I mailed, I left offline messages. No reply. More than getting a perfect output I was waiting for his reply.Now I was getting nightmares like my paper being published in IEEE website with smiling face of Manpreet Singh in author's colomn.
Other part of my mind was trying to convince that he was a mere illusion of mine.But I didn't want both diversions.

No comments: