Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Falling deep

I was sitting in my favourite seat at Barista in Cochin, sipping a Barista Grande and looking towards backwaters. This was the only place in my world were I could find happiness and peace. I was expecting the moon to rise and sun to disappear behind some curtains which I was not interested to search down. Within an hour I would be sitting in the 23C of Jet Airways Mumbai flight. From there I will be boarding next day's Kingfisher Raipur flight for attending her wedding.

I never expected she would call me ever after what I have done to her. Throughout the call she seemed to be normal. But I couldn’t see her face to find out what all sort of emotional ups and downs she was going through while she was talking. Last minute of that call she asked me” Please come”. For a moment I kept silent. Then asked" why should I ? " " That you knows, right", she replied." Ok, baba aajayega", I jokingly answered. She gave me a smile and dropped the call.

We joined the company in the same day two years ago. I noticed her for the first time in our ice-breaking session. She was looking very simple, ordinary, a perfect north Indian girl with silky straight brownish hair and with grey eyes. She was from a world I hardly knew anything. She preferred to have rotis, dal, sabjis and dahi in our common lunch. But I sat with my usual rice, curries and salads. We didn't even notice each other for a month, any great talking or flirting. Simply we smiled each other when we met face to face. But fate or Takdir had taken us to same location in initial posting. We sat opposite to each other and talked very formally in Rajdhani Express which was taking us to New Delhi.

We got down at Nizammuddin station and boarded to same taxi which dropped her at Connaught Place and taken me to Palam airport, where I have to report. Slowly I started to adapt with Delhi life and my company offered me a flat at Dwarka sector 10 housing complex within a week. This was the first place in my life that I can hold as my own. My flat no 304 facing towards some girls school and sector 10 metro rail station. For next three weeks there was no news about her.

Three weeks later suddenly one evening she appeared in the same company housing complex. She found out my flat from the security and appeared in front of my door with a pleasant friendly smile. I got surprised at first. She told me that for next six months she will be staying one floor above of me since her business unit required her to monitor some works going on in the near by office. She also shared how she spent last three weeks and how much boring it was. Slowly sun was disappearing and darkness started prevailing. We thought of going out for dinner. I asked her. She agreed suddenly and we started for our dinner.

Days I spend with her was very beautiful ones.Every day we would be getting out by seven in the evening to near by market for roaming. We enjoyed together in our dinners, cyber cafes. She helped me in shopping my shirts, commented about colors,looks and all. I teased her about her passion for 'Kulfis'( Actually usese bhi jyata main ghata tha).Even once one waiter in our usual restaurant asked me "whether she is my girl friend or not?"With little bit hesitation I told him "hah"( mujhe kya farak padtha hai).

Do you people ever know how first touch or first kiss felt like? If somebody is narrating a story relating first touch, he is a crap. Touch it will happens like that(aisa ho jayega). But the kiss is different( pappi ka bath kuch alag hai). I never kept a diary regarding when I first touched her. But I couldn't forget when I kissed her for the first time. Different from our usual shedule, I ordered our dinner in my room on that day and told her to come to my flat. After our dinner we were just watching some movies in my laptop.After for while we both looked bored of the movie. We just closed the movie and started chatting. Suddenly I told her to sing a song. She denied at first but I tried to force her. Atlast she had admitted and looked me for a minute.

She sung something like" Aaja gale lagja, phir yeah mulakath hoh na hoh( Come and embrace me, we don't know whether this kind of moment again comes or not)". It was exactly matching to that moment with my balcony was opened to starry moonlit summer night. After the song I looked at her for a moment and stand up a little a kissed her on her left cheek. She didn't resist at all, but simply closed her eyes. From her expressions I could make out that it was her first kiss.Definitely not the first kiss of mine.On the same night we have kissed two more times and she slept in the same bed with me in that night with a pillow in between us as a border.

As usual I got bored off with what was going between me and her.But she was in true passion on her first love.Mean while she had to move to Noida as a part of another re-alocation.She stayed at the company quarters at Sector 6.Every night she used to call me after midnight and was talking for more than 2 to 3 hours.Then I prefered to take more night shifts than usual so that I could skip her phone calls.But the same time, like a miracle, I also got an offer to move to Hyderabad. I readily accepted and hide it from her. That weekend I visited her at Noida and we spend the night in her flat under the same bed. While sleeping she was holding my left hand so strongly that she didn't want me to leave.For that moment I thought of telling her everything that I was cheating her. But something inside my mind obstructed that idea or might be I was afraid to speak up.Any way next morning I told her goodbye like other weekends and just vanished from her life in the same week.

I suddenly woke up from my sleep on hearing one announcement" Good evening all. This is Captain Amardeep of Juliet- Golf- Romeo.We are about to land Mumbai Santacruz Airport. Weather seems to be clear and temperature recorded 29 degrees.Please fasten your seat belts.Thank you for being flying with us. Have a nice landing".Then only I realized that for the last two hours I was in a deep sleep. Like everyone I started to fasten my seat belt. I found out one end and I was struggling to take the other end from the bottom of seat. Same time one crew approached me and helped me to fasten. As I finished it, I looked at her and gave her a nice naughty smile and said" Thank you Sandhya(name I read from her name tag on her shirt)".In return she also gave me a nice wicked smile. That is why my friends call me "Harami(no translation required)".

1 comment:

lee said...

nice one. did u really struggle or did u act so that u would get help from sandhya???? typical boy...hmmm